Residence Hall Information:
Summer College 2018 will be housed in TBD
While most SU halls have a variety of layouts and configurations, Summer College follows a set of criteria for setting up the living environment:
- The selected hall is dedicated exclusively to Summer College students.
- Each floor will be assigned as a male floor or a female floor.
- RAs (Resident Advisors) occupy rooms evenly distributed throughout the hall.
All residential students will most likely have a roommate for the duration of their program. Students are assigned randomly.
Students may also request a roommate by emailing email@example.com with the name of the student they would like to be roomed with along with their program name. The subject line should read “Roommate Request.” Roommate requests will be considered if both parties separately request each other as their roommate.
*The last day to email a Roommate Request will be June 1st, as to allow time for roommate pairings.
Students will be dining in the Ernie Davis Dining Hall. The meal plan includes 19 meals per week, and the hours are posted on the right-side of this page.
Packing for Summer College… Don’t Forget:
- Photo Identification (high school ID, driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Medical insurance I.D. card
- Personal spending money (we strongly encourage you NOT to keep large amounts of cash in your room. There is an ATM in the residence hall, as well as banks and other ATMs on/near campus).
- We encourage pre-paid visa/mc for your students as not all vendors accept debit cards.
Home Away from Home Supplies to Bring with you:
- Fan(s)—no air conditioning in the residence hall except for the main lounge area
- Comforter/pillow/sheets (twin size, extra long)
- Towels/washcloths/shower shoes (flip-flops/sandals)
- Basket to carry toiletries to and from the bathroom
- Laundry supplies (including quarters for the machines)
- Personal expense money (e.g. pre-paid visa card) for those Forgotten Extras or the occasional pizza and wings
- Backrest/ Lapdesk
- Surge Protector/Power Strip (12 gauge, grounded)
- Ethernet Cable if you are bringing a computer
All supplies and textbooks are the responsibility of the student. Students should consider bringing the following:
- Stapler, staples, and paper clips
- Book bag
- Paper, notebooks
- Calculator (if applicable to your program of study)
Basic academic supplies can also be purchased at the Syracuse University Bookstore.
Do Not Bring the Following Items:
Please note that room checks are done of each residence hall room by residence hall staff without prior notification.
- Pets or Animals
- Extension Cords – only surge protectors and power strips are permitted
- Motor Vehicles – Residential Summer College students are not allowed to bring a vehicle.
- Televisions – are permitted but not recommended. TVs are available in lounge areas.
- Appliances – you may rent a MicroFridge for your room through the University Bookstore
- Halogen Lamps
P.S. If you forget something, items are available at the Syracuse University Bookstore and from other nearby stores.