Summer 2019 applications will open on December 1, 2018!
Important Information Regarding the Application Process
- The Summer College online application is hosted on SlideRoom.
- A SlideRoom account must be created. Use the name of the student when creating the account (not the parent) and provide an email address that is checked regularly. This will be the primary mode of communication.
- After you establish your account, you will be required to click on the link in a confirmation e-mail sent to you by SlideRoom.
- Once you login, click on “Start a New Submission.”
- On the left, and under “Category,” select “2019 Summer College for High School Students Application.”
- Select the Summer College Application for your desired program of study and continue through the application steps.
- The $60 application fee is non-refundable.
Students applying to Syracuse University Summer College are expected to be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Students must be at least 15 years of age by the orientation and move-in day of their selected program (the Architecture program requires that students are 16 years of age). Graduating seniors are also able to apply if they are not attending Syracuse University in the fall as a matriculated student. Rising sophomores are only eligible for noncredit courses.
The Summer College application requires students to complete the online application through SlideRoom, and includes the following:
- Biographical, demographic, and school information
- Two essay responses OR one essay response and upload of recent graded essay, preferably with teacher’s comments
- A high school transcript with a copy of the most recent report card (these may be unofficial or official, and must include at least one full year of grades)
- Optional, though strongly encouraged: a (non-family) recommendation from a teacher, school counselor, coach that addresses the applicant’s maturity, self-discipline, and potential for success in a college-level program of study
Portfolios and Auditions
Acting & Musical Theater, 2D Art Studio, and 3D Art Studio have specific application requirements. Please refer to the specific program page for more information.
There are specific actions required of international students. Please refer to the International Students page for more information.
Commuter Student Requirements
Commuters have specific requirements and guidelines. To ensure that you are permitted to pursue the commuter option, visit the Commuter Students page.
The deadline for completed applications is May 1, 2019!
Applying early is strongly encouraged, as all programs have enrollment limits. All applications are processed on a rolling-basis in the order in which they are completed in full. An application is marked complete once its submitted and all external documents are received (i.e. transcripts, recommendation letters). Please refer to Important Dates & Deadlines for more information.