The Summer College Application will be live:
December 1, 2017
Important Information Regarding the Application Process:
- The Summer College online application is hosted in association with Summer at Syracuse. It can be found at https://summeratsyracuse.slideroom.com/
- An account must be created. Please use the name of the student when creating the account and provide an email address that is checked regularly as this will be the primary mode of communication.
- After you establish your account, you will be required to click on the link in a confirmation e-mail sent to you by SlideRoom.
- Once you login, click on “Start a New Submission.”
- On the left, and under “Category,” select “Summer College for High School.”
- Select the Summer College Application for your desired program of study and continue through the application steps.
- Note that all applicants will be charged a $60 non-refundable application fee.
Students applying to Summer College are expected to be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Students must be a minimum of 15 years of age by the orientation and move-in day of their selected program except for engineering programs. Students applying to the Civil, Aerospace or Environmental Engineering must be rising Juniors or Seniors.
The Summer College application procedure asks students to complete the online application through SlideRoom, and additionally supply:
- A teacher or guidance counselor recommendation that addresses the applicant’s maturity, self-discipline, and potential for success in a college-level program of study
- A high school transcript supplemented with a copy of the most recent report card. It can be an unofficial or official grade report.
- Applicants for Acting and Musical Theater are required to submit an audition.
- Students applying to the following Art and Design programs are asked to submit a portfolio of 2 – 3 pieces of recent work, which can be uploaded with your application. A portfolio is not required for students applying to the Architecture, Filmmaking, or Photography programs.
- The deadline for scholarship applications – April 1, 2018
- The deadline for international applications – April 1, 2018
- The deadline for completed applications –
May 1, 2018
Earlier applications are strongly encouraged, as most programs have limited enrollment. All applications are processed in the order they are completed in full. An application is marked complete once submitted and all external documents are received (i.e. letters of reference).
Summer College does offer need-based financial aid for admitted students. Aid is only available to domestic students, and is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis as funds are limited. In order to be considered, students must submit their family’s most recent tax returns with their application showing an Adjusted Gross Income of $75,000 or less.
*Scholarships cannot be combined with multi-program, employee, or alumni discounts. If a student is eligible for multiple forms of aid, then s/he will be deemed eligible for the singular form of financial assistance providing the greatest benefit to the student.
All awards are need-based. The following is a guideline of the maximum potential award. Awards may be in any amount up to these caps based on program length.
- 6 week program: $2,500
- 4 week program: $1,500
- 3 week program: $1,000
- 2 week program: $500
Scholarships for Community Based Organizations
CBO’s and other student sponsoring agencies and personnel should contact our office directly to discuss potential scholarships and financial assistance opportunities.