About Summer College
For 60 years, Syracuse University Summer College has been giving high school students the opportunity to learn about potential careers and college majors through its renowned pre-college program. Students navigate daily life much like a college student – they live in a residence hall, have meals with friends in a dining hall, take college-level classes, and participate in social activities and events. Students return home and to their high schools with less anxiety and intimidation about going to college, and more enthusiasm and a sense of being ‘ready’ for college.
In 2019, high school students from 36 US states and 25 countries attended Syracuse University Summer College.
Summer College offers over 60 pre-college programs in eleven of Syracuse University’s schools and colleges:
- School of Architecture
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Education
- College of Engineering & Computer Science
- David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
- School of Information Studies
- Martin J. Whitman School of Management
- Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- University College
The Summer College Office
While the Summer College office is comprised of only a few key staff members, we work extensively with offices and departments across campus year-round to ensure the student experience is engaging, safe, and fun.
Learn more about Syracuse University Summer College by signing up to receive emails with news, dates, deadlines, and more!